Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lake of the Ozarks

This is a small 8x10 oil of the Lake of the Ozarks. This is the scene that I see so much early in the morning when the fishermen start out to catch the big ones, at least hopefully. The colors are so vivid they really don't look real but it really is vivid sometimes. It is never the same. I have photographed it so many times and also painted it so many times, with so many different palettes. We won't be going now much because of the cold weather so the paintings will make me feel a little piece of summer is here with me. I just love this place! It is $300.00 with frame.
My scanner leaves a small light area on the left side which really isn't in the painting. Otherwise, the color came out pretty close to the real thing.Posted by Picasa

No comments: